Questions for references
During the recruitment process, some organisations ask volunteers for references. There are many types of questions to ask, depending on the role of the volunteer and the mission of your organisation. The following is just one example of the types of questions that you could include to ask a referee.
- How long and in what capacity have you worked with/ known the volunteer?
- What is your current relationship?
- Can you describe how he/she works as a member of a team?
- What strengths do you believe he/she has for this role?
- Would you feel comfortable having this person in a position where there would be volunteering one-to-one with your child/elderly parent?