In the midst of the public health emergency caused by COVID-19, we are assisting the HSE with the vaccine roll-out at the Greystones Mass Vaccination Centres. Volunteering may be challenging, but it is rewarding. This is your opportunity to support your community and make a real difference in a public health emergency.
About this Volunteer Role
Volunteers are required to serve in the Shoreline Leisure Centre Greystones Vaccination Centre. The role of the volunteer is to:
- Greet those arriving for vaccination
- Direct them through the vaccination centre, asking them to sanitise at the relevant stations.
- Work as part of the team to ensure a smooth, efficient and professional service.
Please Note: Please do not apply if you have older or high-risk people at home, or you consider yourself high risk. We mitigate against risks through the use of personal protective equipment and following all HSE health and safety protocols. However, we cannot guarantee the possibility of community transmission and you need to consider this before applying.
Requirements for the role
- You must be aged 18 – 69 years (as per current HSE guidelines)
- You must be fit and healthy, comfortable standing for hours at a time
- You must have a good level of English
- You must have good communication skills
- You must be able to remain calm in a busy environment and interact with people who may be nervous or distressed
Compulsory Online training to be completed in advance of volunteering;
1. Introduction to Children First e-learning programme
2.Hand Hygiene tutorial
It is extremely important that volunteers arrive at their shift on time and give adequate notice if they need to cancel a shift.
- Volunteering will take place Monday to Sunday between 8am and 8pm
- Ideally, volunteers are asked to commit to a 6-hour shift on a day of their choosing. However, volunteers who can do a minimum of a three-hour shift on a regular basis are also welcome to apply
- Volunteers who complete a 6-hour shift can claim a flat rate of €7 per shift.
- To ensure the wellbeing of all our volunteers, volunteers may only volunteer for a maximum of four shifts per week.
- Applicants will have an informal interview with a staff member from County Wicklow Volunteer Centre.
- Applicants will be asked to provide a form of photo identification.
- Applicants will take part in one trial shift at the Vaccination Centre.
The success of the Vaccination Centres Volunteer Programme relies on volunteers enjoying their role and feeling supported. Volunteers will be provided with:
- Ongoing support, advice and recognition
- Onsite induction and training
- On-site insurance cover during their volunteering shift